When you violate 17LIVE App User Rules, 17LIVE will take action according to the nature of the violation, including issuing warnings, ending livestreams, and/or suspending accounts.
- Added violation warnings and device violation notices
- Optimized violation kill messages
※ Minimum operating system requirements:
■ Regular Livestreams
● When the content of your livestream violates specific guidelines for the first time, we will send you a violation warning.
※ If the content is deemed a moderate violation (content involving money, personal bank information, etc.), we may automatically end your livestream.
● If you violate the guidelines a second time, your livestream will be cut. Click “Learn More” to see details.
※ This is an example of a livestream violation notification. For other violations, please refer to the notification content.
If your “account, profile picture, posts, bio, highlights, clips, thumbnails of livestreams, and/or archive videos” violate the guidelines, we will immediately remove the content and send you a violation notice.
① Violation Push Notification
※ Push notifications won’t be sent while you’re livestreaming.
※ You will only receive these push notifications if you have toggled on notifications on your device and in-app.
② When entering the app, you’ll see a pop-up regarding the violation. Click “View detail” to navigate to the butler message and view details.
▼ Check Violation Records
● Go to the APP homepage → Tap the Letter icon.
● Tap “Message” → Tap “Violations.”
※ 17LIVE will take action based on the nature of the violation. If the violation is deemed severe, your account may be directly suspended. Please work with us to build a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
※ If your account name violates the rules, it will be reset. The system will change your 17LIVE account to a default account name (e.g. user_2023080800001). If you experience issues logging in, please
※ Please refer to 17LIVE App User Rules for more information.